We may not have the answer we are laboring for, but we do have a wealth of answers that lie in the same field.
Here's an outline of ten reasons identified in God's Word:
1. To remind us that the world is broken and groans for redemption [Romans 8:20-23].
2. To do justice in response to Adam's (and our) sin.
3. To remind us of the severity of the impact of Adam's (and our) sin.
4. To keep us dependent on God [Hebrews 12:6-7].
5. So that we will long more for heaven and less for the world.
6. To make us more like Christ, the suffering servant [Romans 8:29; II Corinthians 1:5, 4:11].
7. To awaken the lost to their need for God [Psalm 119:67, 71].
8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5; Isaiah 61:3].
9. So that Christ will get the glory in being our strength [John 9:3; 2 Corinthians 4:7].
10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].
Remember out God is awesome.... Just keep your hope alive and it will well with you.... Happy Sunday